Black Box Testing: Black Box Testing is a Software Testing technique in which the tester doesn’t know the internal structure, design and implementation of the software application that is being tested.
Gray Box Testing: Gray Box Testing is a software testing technique which is a combination of Black Box Testing technique and White Box Testing technique. The internal structure, design and implementation is partially known in Gray Box Testing.
Differences between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing:
|Black Box Testing||Gray Box Testing|
|It is a software testing technique in which the tester doesn’t know the internal structure of the application being tested.||It is a software testing technique in which the tester partially know the internal structure of the application being tested.|
|It is known as closed box testing.||It is known as translucent testing.|
|No knowledge of implementation is required.||Knowledge of implementation is required but need not to be expert.|
|It is based on external expectations and outer behavior of the software.||It is based on database diagrams and data flow diagrams.|
|It is less time consuming.||It is time consuming but not too much.|
|It is done by trial and error method.||It is done on the basis of data domains.|
|It improves some of the qualities of the software.||It improves overall quality of the software.|
- Differences between Black Box Testing vs White Box Testing
- Differences between White Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Gray Box Testing | Software Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Stress Testing and Volume Testing
- Difference between Load Testing and Stress Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Volume Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Software Engineering | Black box testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Graphical User Interface Testing (GUI) Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.