Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
In this article we will learn about how can we Add the Animation to a Floating Action button. To learn How to create it you must know about the Animation and Clock.
Animation : Animation and AnimationTransition are used to animate Widget properties. You must specify at least a property name and target value. To use an Animation, follow these steps:
- Setup an Animation object
- Use the Animation object on a Widget
To animate a Widget’s x or y position, simply specify the target x/y values where you want the widget positioned at the end of the animation:anim = Animation(x=100, y=100) anim.start(widget)
Clock: The Clock object allows you to schedule a function call in the future; once or repeatedly at specified intervals.
It is must to use kivy inbuilt module while working with Animation and clock –from kivy.animation import Animation from kivy.clock import Clock
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Boxlayout 4) import Animation 5) Import Clock 6) Set minimum version(optional) 7) create Layout class and Add(create) animation in it 8) create App class 9) Set up .kv file : 1) Add Floating Button Properties 2) Create Main Window 3) Add Float Button(don't forget to give id) 10) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 11) Run an instance of the class
Implementation of the Approach:
- Floating Action type button in kivy - Python
- Python | Button Action in Kivy
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy
- Python - Change button color in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Change kivy button size and position using kv file
- PyQt5 – How to add action to a button ?
- PyQt5 - Adding action to Radio Button
- Use image as a button in kivy
- Disable Kivy Button
- Add image button using .kv file in kivy
- Change button Color in Kivy
- Disable kivy button using .kv file
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.