In this article, we will learn how to disable a button in kivy, there are some places where we need to disable the buttons So in this article you will learn how to do that.
The Button is a Label with associated actions that are triggered when the button is pressed (or released after a click/touch). We can add functions behind the button and style the button.But to disable the button we have a property name :
disabled that must be true
this property will help in disabling the button i.e. button will be there but is of no use as it is disabled no functionality of button will work.
Note: disabled property was introduced in version 1.8.0. If you want to use it you need to actualize your framework.
Basic Approach to follow while creating and disabling button :
-> import kivy
-> import kivy App
-> import button
-> set minimum version(optional)
-> Extend the class
-> Add and return a button
-> Add disabled = true to disable button
-> Run an instance of the class
Firstly, let’s see how to create a fully working button and then see how to disable it and its functionality.
Code #2: How to disable the button
Code #3: Both disable and working button together
- Disable kivy button using .kv file
- How to disable a button in jQuery dialog from a function ?
- How to disable form submit on enter button using jQuery ?
- wxPython - Dynamically enable and disable tools in toolbar using button
- How to make sure clients have enough words in textarea by using angularjs in order to disable/enable a button?
- Use image as a button in kivy
- Add image button using .kv file in kivy
- Python | Button Action in Kivy
- Change button Color in Kivy
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy
- Change the size and position of button in Kivy
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy
- Floating Action type button in kivy - Python
- Animated Floating Action Button in kivy - Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.