Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
Now in this article, we will learn about how can we create the type of button similar to floating action button using kivy python.
What is Floating Action Button ??
A floating action button (FAB) performs the primary, or most common, action on a screen. It appears in front of all screen content, typically as a circular shape with an icon in its center.
To learn how to create this you must have the good knowledge about the Layouts, Button, canvas and Ellipse in canvas. These all we are going to use to create the button. So We are creating a button like the one we see on gmail on the right side i.e foe writing a new email in mobile Application (not on website) sign.
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Boxlayout 4) Set minimum version(optional) 5) create Layout class 6) create App class 7) Set up .kv file : 1) Add Floating Button Properties 2) Create Main Window 3) Add Float Button 8) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 9) Run an instance of the class
Implementation of the Approach –
.kv file implementation
- Animated Floating Action Button in kivy - Python
- Python | Button Action in Kivy
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Change button color in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy using .kv file
- Python - Change kivy button size and position using kv file
- PyQt5 – How to add action to a button ?
- PyQt5 - Adding action to Radio Button
- Disable Kivy Button
- Use image as a button in kivy
- Change button Color in Kivy
- Disable kivy button using .kv file
- Add image button using .kv file in kivy
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.