OpenCV comes with many powerful video editing functions. In current scenario, techniques such as image scanning, face recognition can be accomplished using OpenCV.
OpenCv library can be used to perform multiple operations on videos. Let’s try to do something interesting using CV2. Take a video as input and break the video into frame by frame and save those frame. Now, number of operations can be performed on these frames. Like reversing the video file or crop the video etc. For playing video in reverse mode, we need only to store the frames in a list and iterate reverse in the list of frames. Use reverse method of the list for reversing the order of frames in the list.
Function Used :
VideoCapture(File_path) :Read the video(.mp4 format)
read() :Read data depending upon the type of object that calls
imwrite(filename, img[, params]) :Saves an image to a specified file.
Below is the implementation :
- Python | Draw rectangular shape and extract objects using OpenCV
- Python program to extract Email-id from URL text file
- Opencv Python program for Face Detection
- OpenCV Python Program to blur an image
- OpenCV Python Program to analyze an image using Histogram
- Python | OpenCV program to read and save an Image
- OpenCV Python program for Vehicle detection in a Video frame
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- numpy.extract() in Python
- Python | Extract key-value of dictionary in variables
- Extract images from video in Python
- Python | Extract words from given string
- Python | Pandas Series.str.extract()
- Python | Extract digits from given string
- Python | Extract URL from HTML using lxml
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.