Build a Voice Recorder GUI using Python
Python provides various tools and can be used for various purposes. One such purpose is recording voice. It can be done using the sounddevice module. This recorded file can be saved using the soundfile module
- Sounddevice: The sounddevice module provides bindings for the PortAudio library and a few convenience functions to play and record NumPy arrays containing audio signals. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install sounddevice
- SoundFile: SoundFile can read and write sound files. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install SoundFile
- Import the required module.
- Set frequency and duration.
- Record voice data in NumPy array, you can use rec().
- Store into the file using soundfile.write().
Step 1: Import modules
import sounddevice as sd import soundfile as sf
Step 2: Set frequency and duration and record voice data in NumPy array, you can use rec()
fs = 48000 duration = 5 myrecording = sd.rec(int(duration * fs), samplerate=fs, channels=2)
Note: fs is the sample rate of the recording (usually 44100 or 44800 Hz)
Step 3: Now store these array into audio files.
# Save as FLAC file at correct sampling rate sf.write('My_Audio_file.flac', myrecording, fs)
Let’s create a GUI application for the same. We’ll be using Tkinter for doing the same.