Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
In this article, we will see how can we use multiple .kv files in a single Application .
This is the Python program, which uses GridLayout as the root widget. In addition to the main kv file, it loads
box3.kv. There are also 2 application variables. These variables are referenced from the main kv file.
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Gridlayout 4) import Builder 5) Set minimum version(optional) 6) Create Layout class 7) Create App class 8) Set up multiple .kv file 9) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 10) Run an instance of the class
main.py file of the implementation:
The main kv file contains a GridLayout with 3 columns. These 3 Columns contains different AnchorLayouts. These all are defined in the main.kv file.
Now the main.kv file:
Now as shown in the Outputs there are different buttons in each grid to create Buttons
in every grid we are using Different .kv files.
box1.kv file –
box2.kv file –
box3.kv file –
- Python - Add audio files in kivy
- How to use multiple UX Widgets in kivy | Python
- Rename multiple files using Python
- Python | Write multiple files data to master file
- Python | Multiple Sliders widgets Controlling Background Screen or WindowColor in Kivy
- Python | Layouts in layouts (Multiple Layouts) in Kivy
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy
- Python| AnchorLayout in Kivy
- Python | Animation in Kivy
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy
- Python | RecycleView in Kivy
- Python | Scatter in kivy
- Python | Accordion in kivy
- Python | Bubble in kivy
- GridLayouts in Kivy | Python