Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
In this article, we will see how can we use multiple .kv files in a single Application .
This is the Python program, which uses GridLayout as the root widget. In addition to the main kv file, it loads
box3.kv. There are also 2 application variables. These variables are referenced from the main kv file.
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Gridlayout 4) import Builder 5) Set minimum version(optional) 6) Create Layout class 7) Create App class 8) Set up multiple .kv file 9) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 10) Run an instance of the class
main.py file of the implementation:
The main kv file contains a GridLayout with 3 columns. These 3 Columns contains different AnchorLayouts. These all are defined in the main.kv file.
Now the main.kv file:
Now as shown in the Outputs there are different buttons in each grid to create Buttons
in every grid we are using Different .kv files.
box1.kv file –
box2.kv file –
box3.kv file –
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to use multiple UX Widgets in kivy | Python
- Python - Add audio files in kivy
- Python | Multiple Sliders widgets Controlling Background Screen or WindowColor in Kivy
- Python | Layouts in layouts (Multiple Layouts) in Kivy
- Use image as a button in kivy
- How to use Glob() function to find files recursively in Python?
- Rename multiple files using Python
- Python | Write multiple files data to master file
- Joining Excel Data from Multiple files using Python Pandas
- Convert multiple JSON files to CSV Python
- MoviePy – Concatenating multiple Video Files
- MoviePy – Stacking multiple Video Files
- Use of nonlocal vs use of global keyword in Python
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- Introduction to Kivy ; A Cross-platform Python Framework
- Python | Ellipse (different polygons) in Kivy
- Python | Scrollview widget in kivy
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy
- Python | Float Layout in Kivy
- Python | Make a simple window using kivy
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.