Given a number of input files in a source directory, write a Python program to read data from all the files and write it to a single master file.
Source directory contains n number of files, and structure is same for all files. The objective of this code is to read all the files one by one and then append the output into a single master file having structure same as source files.
Taking three input files as example, named emp_1.txt, emp_2.txt, emp_3.txt, output will contain data from all the input files.
Method #1: Using
Method #2: Using pandas
- Rename multiple files using Python
- Python | How to use Multiple kv files in kivy
- Python | Create and write on excel file using xlsxwriter module
- reStructuredText | .rst file to HTML file using Python for Documentations
- Working with csv files in Python
- Working with PDF files in Python
- Downloading files from web using Python
- Working with zip files in Python
- Writing files in background in Python
- Python | Reading .ini Configuration Files
- Listing out directories and files in Python
- Python | Merge two text files
- Python | Sort and store files with same extension
- Python | Create Archives and Find Files by Name
- Python | Move or Copy Files and Directories
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.