Node.js is the greatest tool for building real-time web applications. It provides cross-platform applications which run easily on any web. So you basically don’t need anything extra for running up a node application. You only need for making one. According to the Node.js Survey of users, 43% of Node.js programmers claim to use Node.js for enterprise apps. It’s a light, scalable and open-source language platform which makes it very easy to build apps even at the enterprise level also. Overall it increases the efficiency of the development process as it fills the gap between frontend and backend applications. It uses the approach of non-blocking I/O. In Non-blocking I/O approach, you can initiate a request in parallel for user2 without waiting for the response to the request for user1. The requests in Node.js can initiate in parallel. This non-blocking I/O eliminates the need for multi-threading.
Npm (Node Package Manager)
These are the libraries which are built by the awesome community which will solve almost all the generic problems related to the Node.js. Npm has packages which are used in our apps to make the development process faster and more efficient.
Node.js has a set of built-in modules which can be used without any further installation. We can install some custom modules from the NPM as per the need of the application. We can also create modules of our own and use them by importing it in our apps. Basically, the Node module is a block of code which can be used again in any node.js component without impacting any other node.js component. The modules in node.js work independently without impacting the existence of any other functions.
- Nodejs | Automatic restart NodeJs server with nodemon
- Nodejs - Connect MongoDB with Node app using MongooseJS
- Cowsay in Nodejs using Requests library
- Nodejs | Web Crawling using Cheerio
- Web-Socket in NodeJS
- Signup Form Using Nodejs and MongoDB
- Dockerizing a simple Nodejs app
- Nodejs | DNS
- Encrypting Data in NodeJS
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS
- Nodejs | Jimp
- Nodejs – Connect Mysql with Node app
- Nodejs | DNS | setServers()
- NodeJS | Building simple REST API in express
- NodeJs - Handling invalid routes
- Nodejs | authentication using Passportjs and passport-local-mongoose
- Nodejs | GM charcoal() Function
- Nodejs | GM blur() Function
- Nodejs | GM sharpen() Function
- Nodejs | GM drawLine() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.