About Company :
Deloitte is one of the “Big Four” accounting organizations and the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and number of professionals. Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory services with more than 263,900 professionals globally. In FY 2017, the company earned a record $38.8 billion USD in revenues. As of 2016, Deloitte is the 6th-largest privately owned organization in the United States.
As per reports in 2012, Deloitte had the largest number of clients amongst FTSE 250 companies in the UK and in 2015, Deloitte currently has the highest market share in auditing among the top 500 companies in India. Deloitte has been ranked number one by market share in consulting by Gartner, and for the fourth consecutive year, Kennedy Consulting Research and Advisory ranks Deloitte number one in both global consulting and management consulting based on aggregate revenue.
Deloitte was placed at position #7 in 2016 and #17 in 2015 in Forbes’ Global 2000 list. Know more about Deloitte
Recruitment Process :
Deloitte conducts 3-4 rounds to select freshers in their organisation.
- Online Round
- Group Discussion / Just a Minute (JAM)
- Technical + HR Round
Academic Criteria :
- 60 percent or above in B.Tech, Class X and XII.
- No backlogs at the time of interview
Online Round :
Online round oftenly consists mainly of four sections namely, General Aptitude, logical, Probability and Statistics and verbal sections. To be prepared for aptitude section you can practice from our Placement Section.
Group Discussion / Just a Minute Round:
The students who clear the online round are called for Group Discussion Round. In this round they check your communication and presentation skills. Deloitte oftenly provides a case study based on a Technical problem faced by an organization. You would have 5 minutes to read it and then discuss it for another 15 minutes. Sometimes, you could also be asked to prepare charts in groups. Deloitte moderators could also ask questions based on your solution. Sometimes, they provide you a minute to put your points instead of group discussion.
- Do not pause, do not repeat the same sentences you’ve used. They check your communication and presentation skills. Confidence is the key here!
- Read the case study carefully and understand the objective carefully.
- Try to mention/build upon points put forth by fellow group members while moving the discussion forward, this shows that you were carefully listening to what others were saying.
- Fluency in English, though is important but is not an eliminating factor. Make good points.
- Do not interrupt, but immediately start speaking as and when someone completes otherwise you won’t get opportunity to speak.
- In the case study round, don’t dominate (those who did, got rejected). Give everybody a chance to speak.
- If someone is silent, politely ask him to pour in ideas into the group. This will show that you are a good leader.
Technical + HR Round
The students who clear the online round are called for this Round. They could also conduct these rounds separately. To clear technical problems, you should be prepared with Operating Systems, Computer Networks and database. Students will be expected to write codes in the interview. You should also be prepared with your resume. You may be asked puzzles in this round. To be prepared for puzzles you can practice from our Puzzles section.
You can expect general HR questions like :
1. Tell me about Yourself
2. Why Deloitte?
3. What are your strengths and weaknesses ?
4. Are you a team player
5. What companies did you give interview for before deloitte ?
6. What is your opinion about Long hours at work ?
7. Questions form resume
- Study perfectly about the job profile.
- Have an easy-going attitude towards the interview.
- Project your utmost confidence.( keep smiling and you will be confident).
- Try using a good set of vocabulary.
- Keep calm. The process is easy. You will get through.
Questions Asked in Deloitte :
- Diff. between trigger and stored procedure?
- What is backpropogation?
- What are similarities between array list and vector?
- Difference between ArrayList and Vectors?
- What is the difference between a straight-through and crossover cable?
- Explain clustering support
- What is the difference between CSMA/CD and CSMA/CA?
- What is SMTP?
- What do mean by tunnel mode?
- What is the role of IEEE in computer networking?
- more >>
It is always beneficial if you know what it is to be there at that moment. So, to give you an advantage, we provide you Interview Experiences of candidates who have been in your situation earlier. Make the most of it.
Where to Apply ?
This article is contributed by Amit Khandelwal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using write.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.