The <body> tag in HTML is used to define the main content present inside an HTML page. It is always enclosed within <html>tag. The <body> tag is the last child of <html> tag. A body tag contains starting as well as an ending tag.
<body> Body Contents... </body>
Attributes: There are many attributes in <body> tag which are depreciated from HTML5 are listed below:
- background: It contains the URL of background image. It is used to set the background image.
- bgcolor: It is used to specify the background color of an image.
- alink: It is used to specify the color of active link.
- link: It is used to specify the color of visited links.
- text: It specify the color of text in a document.
- vlink: It specify the color of visited links.
Example 2: Example to show the functioning of a Body tag along with its CSS implementation
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by <body> tag are listed below:
- google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- HTML | DOM Body Object
- HTML | DOM body Property
- How to create table with 100% width, with vertical scroll inside table body in HTML ?
- HTML Course | Structure of an HTML Document
- HTML Course | Basics of HTML
- HTML | DOM HTML Object
- HTML | br Tag
- HTML | <s> Tag
- HTML | th Tag
- HTML | <i> Tag
- HTML | <q> Tag
- HTML <ins> Tag
- HTML | col Tag
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML | <del> Tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.