Have you ever wondered how people do automation on Telegram? You may know that Telegram has a big user base and so it is one of the preferred social media to read people. What good thing with Telegram is that it provides a bunch of API’s methods, unlike Whatsapp which restricts such things. So in this post, we will be sharing how to send messages to a Telegram user using Python.
First of all, create a bot using Telegram BotFather. To create a BotFather follow the below steps –
- Open the telegram app and search for @BotFather.
- Click on the start button or send “/start”.
- Then send “/newbot” message to set up a name and a username.
- After setting name and username BotFather will give you an API token which is your bot token.
Then create an app on the telegram. Follow the below steps –
- Log into the telegram core: https://my.telegram.org
- Go to ‘API development tools’ and fill out the form.
- You will get the api_id and api_hash parameters required for user authorization.
You need several Python library imports for the script functioning.
- telebot: To install this module type the below command in the terminal.
pip install telebot
- telethon: To install this module type the below command in the terminal.
pip install telethon
Below is the implementation.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.