If you are running any python script and want to send regular updates from your script to mobile phone through SMS, you can use SinchSMS API to send SMS.
Create a app on Sinch and get the key and secret of the app and use these credentials in the following script to send SMS to your mobile.
Limitation of Sinch :
If you don’t have any credits(you have to pay for credits), you can only send SMS to the registered mobile numbers on Sinch.
You can use way2sms to send sms to any number(I will be discussing how to use way2sms in another article), but without purchased credits, on way2sms also, you can’t send more than 100 SMS per day.
For execution of script, edit the number, app_key and app_secret fields and then simply run the script.
Exercise : Create a python script which updates you on your mobile phone if price of a particular product lowers down to certain price on amazon.com
- Do You Know That Google’s Latest Phone is Not a Smart Phone?
- Python | Send SMS using Twilio
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Send mail with attachment from your Gmail account using Python
- Get Phone Number Information using Python
- Corona Virus Live Updates for India - Using Python
- Send PDF File through Email using pdf-mail module
- Creating a Keras Callback to send notifications on WhatsApp
- Implement a Phone Directory
- How Google Updates Itself!
- Latest 5 SEO Updates That You Must Know in 2020
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Switching off updates
- PyQt5 QSpinBox – Making updates
- Modified Range Sum in a given Array without updates
- Number of primes in a subarray (with updates)
- Maximum elements that can be made equal with k updates
- Traditional wireless mobile communication
- Mobile Crowd Sensing along with Incentive Mechanism
- Getting Started with Cross-Platform Mobile Application using Flutter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.