As we know Python is a cool scripting language and can be used to write scripts to easify day-to-day task. Also, since python has large community support and lots of module/API available, it makes Python more versatile and popular among users.
In this article, we will see how to use Twilio API to send SMS using Python. It will be a very quick and easy guide to doing this very interesting task.
Firstly, we need to create an account in Twilio’s official website to get the id and token. This is a paid service, but you will be credited with an initial amount to get you started.
Steps to create Twilio account:
Head to Twilio’s registration page. Complete the registration by filling in with the required details.
From the console(dashboard), copy the
ACCOUNT SID and
Install Twilio library using pip.
pip install twilio
Below is the Python implementation:
In the above code, just replace the values of
auth_token with the values you receive from Twilio. Also, replace the body with the message which you want to send and bingo!
Extract emails from your account and forward the subject and receivers mail address as a text message to your mobile phone. You can even filter it by limiting it to forward only important mails.
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Send SMS updates to mobile phone using python
- Send mail with attachment from your Gmail account using Python
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- pow() in Python
- abs() in Python
- SQL using Python | Set 1
- Use of min() and max() in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.