Kivy is a platform-independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, Linux, and Windows, etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktop applications.
The ScrollView widget provides a scrollable/pannable viewport that is clipped at the scrollview’s bounding box.
Scroll view accepts only one child and applies a window to it according to 2 properties:
To determine if interaction is a scrolling gesture, these properties are used:
- scroll_distance: the minimum distance to travel, defaults to 20 pixels.
- scroll_timeout: the maximum time period, defaults to 55 milliseconds.
To use the scrollview you must have to import it:
from kivy.uix.scrollview import ScrollView
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import scroll view 4) import string property 5) Set minimum version(optional) 6) create the scroll view class 7) Build the .kv file within the .py file 8) Run an app
Implementation of the code:
- Python | Progress Bar widget in kivy
- Python | Checkbox widget in Kivy
- Python | Slider widget in Kivy
- Python | BoxLayout widget in Kivy
- Python | Textinput widget in kivy
- Python | Add image widget in Kivy
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy
- Python | Spinner widget in kivy
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy
- Python | Progressbar widget in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Spinner widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Menu widget in Tkinter
- Progressbar widget in Tkinter | Python
- Python Tkinter - Toplevel Widget
- Combobox Widget in tkinter | Python
- Python | Slider widget using .kv file
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.