Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
To work with the slider you first have to import the module which consists all featuers, functions of the slider i.e.
The Slider widget looks like same we are using in android to increase the brightness, volume etc. It supports horizontal and vertical orientations, min/max values and a default value. Kivy supports several slider widget options for customizing the cursor, cursor image, border, background to be used in different orientations, region between the minimum value and the maximum value.
Kivy also supports to deal in term of Normalized value (range 0 to 1) rather than the real ranges supported by the slider.
Basic Approach to follow while creating Slider :
1) import kivy
2) import kivy App
3) import gridlayout(not compulsory according to need)
4) import Label(not compulsory according to need)
5) import Slider
6) import Numeric property
7) set minimum version(optional)
8) Extend the class
9) Add and return a widget
10) Run an instance of the class
Below is the code implementing slider:
To add some styling and coloring to the slider, just replace the line no 42 with the below and add some new features also if you want. For text, styling uses the proper commands in text portion.
Video to explain how slider works –
- Python | Slider widget using .kv file
- Python | Textinput widget in kivy
- Python | Add image widget in Kivy
- Python | BoxLayout widget in Kivy
- Python | Checkbox widget in Kivy
- Python | Progress Bar widget in kivy
- Python | Scrollview widget in kivy
- Python | Spinner widget in kivy
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy
- Python | Spinner widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy using .kv file
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.