Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
The FileChooser module provides various classes for describing, displaying and browsing file systems. It is Simple like the My computer from where we can choose any file in the system.
- The FileChooserListView displays file entries as text items in a vertical list, where folders can be collapsed and expanded.
- The FileChooserIconView presents icons and text from left to right, wrapping them as required.
Note: The both above points provide for scrolling, selection and basic user interaction.
Basic Approach 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Boxlayot 4) Set minimum version(optional) 5) create layout class 6) create App class 7) create .kv file 8) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 9) Run an instance of the class or App
Implementation of the Approach:
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | FloatLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Canvas in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | TextInput in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Accordion in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Animation in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | AnchorLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | ScreenManager in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Working with buttons in Kivy with .kv file
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Grid Layout in Kivy without .kv file
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.