Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
A drop-down list can be used with custom widgets. It allows you to display a list of widgets under a displayed widget. Unlike other toolkits, the list of widgets can contain any type of widget: simple buttons, images etc.
The positioning of the drop-down list is fully automatic: we will always try to place the dropdown list in a way that the user can select an item in the list.
To work with this widget you must have to import:
from kivy.uix.dropdown import DropDown
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import dropdown 4) import Floatlayout(according to need) 5) Set minimum version(optional) 6) Create Layout class 7) Create App class 9) create .kv file (name same as the app class): 1) create Dropdown 2) create callback 3) And many more styling as needed 10) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 11) Run an instance of the class
- Python | Dropdown list in kivy
- Python | Kivy .kv File
- Python | AnchorLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | File chooser in kivy
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | TextInput in kivy using .kv file
- Python | Animation in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | ScreenManager in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Canvas in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Accordion in kivy using .kv file
- Python | FloatLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Switch widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Python | Carousel Widget In Kivy using .kv file
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.