The game of Tic-Tac-Toe is being played between two players and it is in below state after six moves.
Can you answer following questions?
- Who will win the game, O or X?
- Which was the sixth mark and at which position?
Assume that both the players are intelligent enough.
O will win the game. The sixth mark was X in square 9.
The 7th mark must be placed in square 5 which is the win situation for both X and O. Hence, the 6th mark must be placed in a line already containing two of the opponents marks. There are two such possibilities – the 6th mark would have been either O in square 7 or X in square 9.
As we know both the players are intelligent enough, the 6th mark could not be O in square 7. Instead, he would have placed O in square 5 and would have won.
Hence, the sixth mark must be X placed in square 9. And the seventh mark will be O. Thus O will win the game.
This article has been contributed by Vikash Kumar.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the poisoned wine)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)