Puzzle: A snail wishes to reach a water shore. To do this it must cross a wall which is 30 feet high. It has a time limit of 30 hours to reach atop the wall. The time starts as soon as it starts climbing the wall. However, he faces a problem while climbing. Every hour it climbs the wall 3 feet up, it slides down 2 feet. This occurs every hour. So how many hours will it take for the snail to reach atop the wall?
Solution: Let’s think this thoroughly.
- Every hour the snail climbs up 3 feet, it slides down 2 feet. So, the actual height it is climbing in 1 hour is 1 foot.
- Similarly, in 25 hours, the snail would have climbed 25 feet, in 26 hours it would have climbed 26 feet and in 27 hours it would have climbed 27 feet, but things change after 27 feet.
- As we know, the snail covers 3 feet up in 1 hour. So, in the 28th hour, the snail would have climbed 30 feet up the wall and would have reached atop the wall. Therefore the answer to this riddle is 28 hours.
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | Man fell in well Puzzle
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 17 | (Ratio of Boys and Girls in a Country where people want only boys)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.