Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
Puzzle: Given two hourglass of 4 minutes and 7 minutes, the task is to measure 9 minutes.
- At 0 minutes: Start both hourglasses at the same time.
- At 4 minutes: 4 minutes hourglass runs out and flip it. 7 minutes hourglass is left with 3 minutes.
- At 7 minutes: 4 minutes hourglass is left with 1 minute. 7 minutes hourglass runs out and flip it.
- At 8 minutes: 4 minutes hourglass runs out and 7 is filled with 6 minutes and 1 minute on the other side. Flip it as the sand is left with 1 minute.
- At 9 minutes: 7 minutes hourglass becomes empty from above side.
Hence we measured 9 minutes.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!