Suppose two player, player A and player B have the infinite number of coins. Now they are sitting near a perfectly round table and going to play a game. The game is, in each turn, a player will put one coin anywhere on the table (not on the top of coin already placed on the table, but on the surface of the table). And the player who places the last coin on the table will win the game. Given player A will always move first suggest a strategy such that player A will always win, no matter how player B will play.
On the first move place the coin on the center of the table. Then player B will place his coin anywhere on the table. Now, you put your coin on the line of diameter passing through the coin placed by player B, at the same distance away from the boundary of the circle (i.e mimic his placement on the opposite side of the table). Refer figure for better understanding. If player A has space to place a coin, so will player B. Player B will run out of place before player A.
This article is contributed by Anuj Chauahan. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle | Neighbors in a round table
- Optimal Strategy for a Game | Special Gold Coin
- Puzzle 53 | The Counterfeit Coin
- Puzzle | 3 cuts to cut round cake into 8 equal pieces
- Puzzle 69 |The Number Game
- Puzzle 73 | The Card Game
- Puzzle | (Something for the marmalade , Number Game)
- Puzzle | Game of Brussels Sprouts
- Puzzle | Choose the game of Rolling Dice
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)