Puzzle: There are 4 persons (A, B, C and D) who want to cross a bridge in night.
- A takes 1 minute to cross the bridge.
- B takes 2 minutes to cross the bridge.
- C takes 5 minutes to cross the bridge.
- D takes 8 minutes to cross the bridge.
There is only one torch with them and the bridge cannot be crossed without the torch. There cannot be more than two persons on the bridge at any time, and when two people cross the bridge together, they must move at the slower person’s pace.
Can they all cross the bridge in 15 minutes?
Solution: They must cross the bridge in the following way:
- Step 1: A and B cross the bridge. A comes back. Time taken 3 minutes. Now B is on the other side.
- Step 2: C and D cross the bridge. B comes back. Time taken 8 + 2 = 10 minutes. Now C and D are on the other side.
- Step 3: A and B cross the bridge. Time taken is 2 minutes. All are on the other side.
Total time spent: 3 + 10 + 2 = 15 minutes.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle | The Bridge Riddle
- Four People on a Rickety Bridge
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
Improved By : Chinmoy Lenka