There are 4 persons (A, B, C and D) who want to cross a bridge in night.
A takes 1 minute to cross the bridge.
B takes 2 minutes to cross the bridge.
C takes 5 minutes to cross the bridge.
D takes 8 minutes to cross the bridge.
There is only one torch with them and the bridge cannot be crossed without the torch. There cannot be more than two persons on the bridge at any time, and when two people cross the bridge together, they must move at the slower person’s pace
Can they all cross the bridge in 15 minutes?
A and B cross the bridge. A comes back. Time taken 3 minutes. Now B is on the other side.
C and D cross the bridge. B comes back. Time taken 8 + 2 minutes. Now C and D are on the other side.
A and B cross the bridge. Time taken is 2 minutes. All are on the other side.
Total time spent is 3 + 10 + 2 = 15 minutes.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the poisoned wine)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)