Most of us have heard about Alexa, Ok google or hey Siri and may have thought of creating your own Virtual Personal Assistant with your favorite name like, Hey Thanos!. So here’s the easiest way to do it without getting your hands dirty.
- Linux pc with working microphones (I have tested on Arch Linux).
- Install python3, pyaudio, sox(and also swig for Arch Linux) with your package manager.:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python3 python3-pip sudo apt-get install python-pyaudio python3-pyaudio sox
- Get snowboy packages from here. This file works with all Linux based OS.
Snowboy also supports all versions of Raspberry Pi (1, 2, 3 and Zero). Supported OS is Raspbian 8.0.
- Now when you extracted with a folder named usr.Now navigate to usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages.
- Copy both folder(snowboy and snowboy-1.2.0b1-py3.7.egg-info) to /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages either by using file manager or
cd Downloads tar -xf python-snowboy-1.3.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz cd usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages sudo cp -r snowboy /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages sudo cp -r snowboy-1.2.0b1-py3.7.egg-info
Now you can check if snowboy works or or not. Fire up your terminal and tpye Python to get the python shell.
If this does not throw import error then you are ready to go further.
Now go to snowboy website and do login. Once you login in, you will find create Hotword option and do further things as per instructions.once whole process is completed download the
yourhotword.pmdl file which is generated.
hotword.pmdl file to directory where you are going to create program.
Voice Input : hey thanos Output: INFO:snowboy:Keyword 1 detected at time: 2019-05-09 21:55:16 hotword detected
This code will keep on running until you interrupt it with Ctrl+C or close terminal. As this code works offline (and does not connect to internet) so it does not stream your voice, so there is no risk of privacy. The
hotword.pmdl file contains the model of your voice only. So, the above program will work with your voice only.
You can implement this program to another program to and carry out tasks controlled by voice.
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Object Detection with Detection Transformer (DERT) by Facebook
- Opencv Python program for Face Detection
- Detection of a specific color(blue here) using OpenCV with Python
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python - Tuple key detection from value list
- Image Processing in Python (Scaling, Rotating, Shifting and Edge Detection)
- Face Detection using Python and OpenCV with webcam
- Python | Real time weather detection using Tkinter
- Car driving using hand detection in Python
- Python | Smile detection using OpenCV
- Python | Document field detection using Template Matching
- Circle Detection using OpenCV | Python
- White and black dot detection using OpenCV | Python
- Python | Haar Cascades for Object Detection
- Text detection using Python
- Pedestrian Detection using OpenCV-Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.