The objective of the program given is to perform edge detection of images in real-time. In this article, the popular canny edge detection algorithm is used to detect a wide range of edges in images. OpenCV has in-built function cv2.Canny() which takes our input image as first argument and its aperture size(min value and max value) as last two arguments. This is a simple example of how to detect edges in Python.
Steps to download the requirements below:
- Download Python 2.7.x version, numpy and OpenCV 2.7.x or 3.1.0 version.Check if your Windows either 32 bit or 64 bit is compatible and install accordingly.
- Make sure that numpy is running in your python then try to install opencv.
This article is contributed by Afzal Ansari. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Image Processing in Python (Scaling, Rotating, Shifting and Edge Detection)
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Matlab | Edge Detection of an image without using in-built function
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Circle Detection using OpenCV | Python
- Python | Smile detection using OpenCV
- Opencv Python program for Face Detection
- Face Detection using Python and OpenCV with webcam
- Detection of a specific color(blue here) using OpenCV with Python
- OpenCV Python program for Vehicle detection in a Video frame
- OpenCV C++ Program for Face Detection
- OpenCV C++ Program for coin detection
- Hotword detection with Python