Prerequisites: Find current weather of any city using openweathermap API
The idea of this article is to provide a simple GUI application to users to get the current temperature of any city they wish to see. The system also provides a simple user interface for simplification of application. It also provides an amazing UX for its users. The features of this application will be that this will be a real-time weather forecast app that returns the current temperature, maximum and minimum temperature, humidity, latitude, and longitude coordinates of the searched city, current date, and time. It can also change its theme according to the time of day.
openweathermap is a service that provides weather data, including current weather data, forecasts, and historical data to the developers of web services and mobile applications.
- Tkinter: It is the fastest and easiest way to create GUI applications. This is included in the Python standard modules so there is no need to install it externally.
- PIL: PIL is the Python Imaging Library which provides the python interpreter with image editing capabilities.
- json: This module is used to handle JSON files and comes built in with Python. So there is no need to install it externally
- requests: It is used for making HTTP requests to a specified URL. This module does not comes built in with Python. To install it type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
Images Used in the below application:
Below is the implementation.
- Python | Find current weather of any city using openweathermap API
- Implementing Weather Forecast using Facade Design Pattern in Python
- Create a Weather app using Flask | Python
- Python | Real time weather detection using Tkinter
- Weather app using Django | Python
- Scrapping Weather prediction Data using Python and BS4
- Get Live Weather Desktop Notifications Using Python
- Python | Create a GUI Marksheet using Tkinter
- Create a GUI to convert CSV file into excel file using Python
- Create First GUI Application using Python-Tkinter
- Create GUI for Downloading Youtube Video using Python
- Create Copy-Move GUI using Tkinter in Python
- Create a GUI to get Sunset and Sunrise time using Python.
- Create a GUI to search bank information with IFSC Code using Python
- Create a GUI to Extract information from VIN number Using Python
- Create a GUI to extract Lyrics from song Using Python
- Create a GUI to find the IP for Domain names using Python
- Create a GUI to check Domain Availability using Tkinter
- Create a GUI to Get Domain Information Using Tkinter
- Create GUI to Web Scrape articles in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.