Prerequisite : Flask installation
Flask is a lightweight framework written in Python. It is lightweight because it does not require particular tools or libraries and allow rapid web development. today we will create a weather app using flask as a web framework. this weather web app will provide current weather updates of cities searched.
Basic setup :
Create a file and name it as weather.py
Linux command to create a file
Now, create a folder templates with a file name
Linux command to create a folder and a file
mkdir templates && cd templates && touch index.html
The project folder will look like :
Editing files :
Use your own API key from Weather API and place it in API variable. Now edit
Navigate to templates/index.html and edit it: link to the index file.
Now you can run the server to see the weather app –
- Weather app using Django | Python
- Python | Find current weather of any city using openweathermap API
- Python | Real time weather detection using Tkinter
- Python | Using for loop in Flask
- Subdomain in Flask | Python
- Python | 404 Error handling in Flask
- Todo list app using Flask | Python
- Python | Build a REST API using Flask
- Python | Introduction to Web development using Flask
- Flask - (Creating first simple application)
- Deploy Machine Learning Model using Flask
- Setup API for GeeksforGeeks user data using WebScraping and Flask
- Create a stopwatch using python
- Python | Create checkbox using .kv file
- Create and Access a Python Package
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.