Prerequisite : Flask installation
Flask is a lightweight framework written in Python. It is lightweight because it does not require particular tools or libraries and allow rapid web development. today we will create a weather app using flask as a web framework. this weather web app will provide current weather updates of cities searched.
Basic setup :
Create a file and name it as weather.py
Linux command to create a file
Now, create a folder templates with a file name
Linux command to create a folder and a file
mkdir templates && cd templates && touch index.html
The project folder will look like :
Editing files :
Use your own API key from Weather API and place it in API variable. Now edit
Navigate to templates/index.html and edit it: link to the index file.
Now you can run the server to see the weather app –
- Weather app using Django | Python
- Scrapping Weather prediction Data using Python and BS4
- Python | Real time weather detection using Tkinter
- Python | Find current weather of any city using openweathermap API
- Subdomain in Flask | Python
- Python | Using for loop in Flask
- Python | Introduction to Web development using Flask
- Deploy Python Flask App on Heroku
- Python | 404 Error handling in Flask
- Todo list app using Flask | Python
- Python | Build a REST API using Flask
- Node.js | Dark Sky API for Weather Forecasts
- How to get daily weather notification on mobile using Node.js and Twilio API ?
- Dockerize your Flask App
- Differences Between Django vs Flask
- Sending Emails Using API in Flask-Mail
- Deploying a TensorFlow 2.1 CNN model on the web with Flask
- Flask - (Creating first simple application)
- Deploy Machine Learning Model using Flask
- Setup API for GeeksforGeeks user data using WebScraping and Flask
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.