Web development refers to the building, creating, and maintaining of websites. It includes aspects such as web design, web publishing, web programming, and database management. It is the creation of an application that works over the internet i.e. websites.
The word Web Development is made up of two words, that is:
- Web: It refers to websites, web pages or anything that works over the internet.
- Development: Building the application from scratch.
Web Development can be classified into two ways:
Frontend Development: The part of a website that the user interacts directly is termed as front end. It is also referred to as the ‘client side’ of the application.
- Frontend Roadmap:
- HTML: HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It is used to design the front end portion of web pages using markup language. It acts as a skeleton for a website since it is used to make the structure of a website.
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheets fondly referred to as CSS is a simply designed language intended to simplify the process of making web pages presentable. It is used to style our website.
- Bootstrap: Bootstrap is a free and open-source tool collection for creating responsive websites and web applications. It is the most popular CSS framework for developing responsive, mobile-first websites. Nowadays, the websites are perfect for all the browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome) and for all sizes of screens (Desktop, Tablets, Phablets, and Phones).
Frontend Frameworks and Libraries:
- Material UI
- Tailwind CSS
- jQuery UI
- Some other libraries and frameworks are: Handlebar.js Backbone.js, Ember.js etc.
Backend Development: Backend is the server side of a website. It is the part of the website that users cannot see and interact. It is the portion of software that does not come in direct contact with the users. It is used to store and arrange data.
- Backend Roadmap:
- PHP: PHP is a server-side scripting language designed specifically for web development.
- Java: Java is one of the most popular and widely used programming language. It is highly scalable.
- Python: Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
- Back End Frameworks: The list of back end frameworks are: Express, Django, Rails, Laravel, Spring, etc.
Web Development Tutorials
Some Important Links on Web Development:
- Begin Web Development with a Head Start
- Why do you need a Responsive Website
- Top 10 Frameworks for Web Applications
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- 10 Web Development and Web Design Facts That You Should Know
- How can I start to learn Web Development ?
- The Future Of Web Development
- Best Books to Learn Front-End Web Development
- Best Books to Learn Back-End Web Development
- 10 Things You Should Know As a Web Developer
- How to choose a Technology Stack for Web Application Development ?
- Top 10 Tools That Every Web Developer Must Try Once
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above