Below is the list of some best books to learn frontend development or web designing. These books are good for both entry-level and experienced developers. We have categorized these books into two sections- for beginners and for experienced. One thing you need to keep in mind that in programming you need to keep updated yourself but basics concepts always remain the same and they should have strong command on basics concepts first before moving on to the advanced level.
1. HTML and CSS: Design and build websites, by Jon Duckett: This book of Jon Duckett is incredibly popular. If you are a beginner in designing and recently started learning HTML and CSS then this book is best for you to learn everything from scratch to an expert level. The quality of content in this book is very high, also the presentation of everything is well organized. You will find the definition of every topic along with the code and its output. The author of this book has made code so visual so that everybody can understand it. Graphics are wonderful in this book and all the properties, examples, code is explained using a color-coding system to differentiate everything. It has magazine-style layouts and designs with high-quality pages.
Buy HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites Book
Buy Learning Web Design Book
Other Books For Front-End Web Development:
- Don’t make me think revisited
- Designing with Web Standards
- Responsive Web Design
- CSS Mastery: Advanced Web Standards Solutions
- Front-End Web Development: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
- You Don’t Know JS – ES6 & Beyond