MariaDB is one of the most popular open-source relational database management system and could be used as a great replacement of MySQL. It is developed by original developers of MySQL. MariaDB can also stores data in various tables. It is also part of most cloud offerings and default in most Linux distributions. To establish the relationship between these tables, primary keys and foreign keys are used.
Features of MariaDB
- It is fast, scalable and robust.
- It has rich ecosystem of plugins, storage engines, etc which makes it very versatile for a wide variety of use cases.
- It is licensed under GPL, LGPL, or BSD.
- It uses a standard and popular querying language. It runs on different operating systems and supports variety of programming languages.
- It also offers support for PHP and offers Galera cluster technology.
Installation of MariaDB
1. Download MariaDB. 2. Read their terms and conditions and accept them if you think it would be fine to do so. Then in the next step simply click next. 3. Set the root password and enable access from remote machine option. 4. Now set the port number and set engine buffer pool. It is recommended to keep them as default. 5. Then click on install. Mariadb would be installed in a minute after this. 6. In order to verify the installation, Go to your installation directory and bin folder in that(by default it is “C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.5\bin”).and open cmd through address bar and write the following command there.
Note: Mariadb installs a client for its working named as heidi, so it could even be used to work with mariadb.
Unlock the Power of Placement Preparation!
Feeling lost in OS, DBMS, CN, SQL, and DSA chaos? Our Complete Interview Preparation
Course is the ultimate guide to conquer placements. Trusted by over 100,000+ geeks, this course is your roadmap to interview triumph.
Ready to dive in? Explore our Free Demo Content and join our Complete Interview Preparation