Java is one of the most popular and widely used programming language and platform. A platform is an environment that helps to develop and run programs written in any programming language.
Java is fast, reliable and secure. From desktop to web applications, scientific supercomputers to gaming consoles, cell phones to the Internet, Java is used in every nook and corner.
Java is easy to learn and its syntax is simple and easy to understand. It is based on C++ (so easier for programmers who know C++). Java has removed many confusing and rarely-used features e.g. explicit pointers, operator overloading etc. Java also takes care of memory management and for that, it provides an automatic garbage collector. This collects the unused objects automatically.
Below is the complete guide as to how to get started with Java and make yourself proficient in it.
- About Java: Before taking your step, the most important thing to do is to get the answer of all WHYs. Here it refers to the questions like WHAT IS JAVA, WHY IT IS POPULAR, WHAT ARE ITS FEATURES, etc etc. By digging into the mentioned article, you will not only learn the important things about Java but also you will understand how to start learning it.
Learn about Java here: How to start learning Java
- Java Environment: To work on any programming language, one first needs to know about its environment. Environment refers to the circumstances where a programming language works and how that program works. Java runs on a JVM environment. Click on the mentioned article to know more about JVM, its architecture and how it works.
Learn about JVM here: JVM
- Java Programming Basics: To become proficient in any programming language, one Firstly needs to understand the basics of that language. Therefore, this article will give you in-depth knowledge of the basics of Java in a very simple format.
By reading this article, you will get the to topics from how to set up the Java Environment to the details about its coding.
Learn about Java Programming Basics here: Java Programming Basics
- Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) Concept in Java: Java is an object-oriented programming language. OOP makes the complete program simpler by dividing it into a number of objects. The objects can be used as a bridge to have data flow from one function to another. We can easily modify data and function as per the requirement. Hence learning about OOPs concepts makes a very important step in learning Java.
Learn about OOPs concepts in Java here: Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) Concept in Java
- Classes and Objects in Java: Classes and Objects are basic concepts of Object Oriented Programming which revolve around the real-life entities and Java Programming. It means that to implement anything in Java, Classes and objects are made. This article will give you an insight about Classes and Objects and also help you relate it to the real world.
Learn about Classes and Objects in Java here: Classes and Objects in Java
- Constructors in Java: In Order to efficiently use Classes and Objects, one needs to know about the Constructors in Java. Constructors are used to initialize the object’s state. Like methods, a constructor also contains collection of statements(i.e. instructions) that are executed at time of Object creation.
Learn about Constructors in Java here: Constructors in Java
- Methods in Java: A method is a collection of statements that perform some specific task and return result to the caller. A method can perform some specific task without returning anything. Methods allow us to reuse the code without retyping the code. In Java, every method must be part of some class which is different from languages like C, C++ and Python. Methods are time savers and help us to reuse the code without retyping the code. This not only makes methods an important part of Java but also a must learn topic for learners.
Learn about Methods in Java here: Methods in Java
- Strings in Java: Strings are defined as an array of characters. Java, unlike other programming languages, provides a very easy implementation of Strings which can be learnt even by a beginner. Hover over this mentioned article to learn in depth about the Strings in Java.
Learn about Strings in Java here: Strings in Java
- Arrays in Java: An array is a group of like-typed variables that are referred to by a common name. Arrays in Java work differently than they do in C/C++. To know more, refer the mentioned article.
Learn about Arrays in Java here: Arrays in Java
- Collections in Java: A Collection is a group of individual objects represented as a single unit. Java provides Collection Framework which defines several classes and interfaces to represent a group of objects as a single unit. Java Collection Framework is not the most important part in learning Data Structures and Algorithms, but also it is the most useful module in a programming language
Learn about Collections in Java here: Collections in Java
- Generics in Java: Generics in Java is similar to templates in C++. The idea is to allow type (Integer, String, … etc and user-defined types) to be a parameter to methods, classes and interfaces. For example, classes like HashSet, ArrayList, HashMap, etc use generics very well. We can use them for any type. So not only Generics makes a very important asset in programming, but it also makes the backbone of writing efficient code as well.
Learn about Generics in Java here: Generics in Java
- Stream In Java: Introduced in Java 8, the Stream API is used to process collections of objects. A stream is a sequence of objects that support various methods which can be pipelined to produce the desired result. Though this was introduced later in Java, it has gained huge importance in the Java programming very quickly. To be able to work on data fluently in Java, one must learn about the Streams.
Learn about Stream In Java here: Stream In Java
- Exceptions and Exception Handling in Java: Many a times in the learning of Java till now, you must have come across the word “EXCEPTION”. An exception is an unwanted or unexpected event, which occurs during the execution of a program i.e at run time, that disrupts the normal flow of the program’s instructions. So to develop a module that does not break, one has to learn how to handle exceptions.
Learn about Exceptions and Exception Handling in Java here: Exceptions and Exception Handling in Java
- Regular Expressions (ReGex) in Java: Though this word might seem new to you, Regular Expression is a very important part of Development. Regular Expressions or Regex (in short) is an API for defining String patterns that can be used for searching, manipulating and editing text. It is widely used to define a constraint on strings such as a password.
Learn about Regular Expressions here: Regular Expressions (ReGex) in Java
- Multithreading in Java: Multithreading is a Java feature that allows concurrent execution of two or more parts of a program for maximum utilization of CPU. Each part of such a program is called a thread. So, threads are light-weight processes within a process. Though this might seem difficult at first, its a very important part of concurrent programming in Java.
Learn about Multithreading in Java here: Multithreading in Java
- File Handling in Java: Java too supports file handling and allows users to handle files i.e., to read and write files, along with many other file handling options, to operate on files. The concept of file handling has stretched over various other languages, but the implementation is either complicated or lengthy, but alike other concepts of Java, this concept here is also easy and short.
Learn about File Handling in Java here: File Handling in Java
- Packages in Java: Package in Java is a mechanism to encapsulate a group of classes, sub packages and interfaces. In other words, a package in Java refers to a collection of classes, interfaces, abstract classes, and exceptions that will help in a module in Java programming.
Learn about Packages in Java here: Packages in Java
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.