OpenCV-Python is a library of Python bindings designed to solve computer vision problems.
cv2.rectangle() method is used to draw a rectangle on any image.
Syntax: cv2.rectangle(image, start_point, end_point, color, thickness)
image: It is the image on which rectangle is to be drawn.
start_point: It is the starting coordinates of rectangle. The coordinates are represented as tuples of two values i.e. (X coordinate value, Y coordinate value).
end_point: It is the ending coordinates of rectangle. The coordinates are represented as tuples of two values i.e. (X coordinate value, Y coordinate value).
color: It is the color of border line of rectangle to be drawn. For BGR, we pass a tuple. eg: (255, 0, 0) for blue color.
thickness: It is the thickness of the rectangle border line in px. Thickness of -1 px will fill the rectangle shape by the specified color.
Return Value: It returns an image.
Image used for all the below examples:
Using thickness of -1 px to fill the rectangle by black color.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Transition from OpenCV 2 to OpenCV 3.x
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imread() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imshow() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imwrite() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.line() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.circle() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.putText() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.ellipse() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.cvtColor() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.copyMakeBorder() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.arrowedLine() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.blur() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.erode() method
- Python OpenCV: Optical Flow with Lucas-Kanade method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.