OpenCV-Python is a library of Python bindings designed to solve computer vision problems.
cv2.putText() method is used to draw a text string on any image.
Syntax: cv2.putText(image, text, org, font, fontScale, color[, thickness[, lineType[, bottomLeftOrigin]]])
image: It is the image on which text is to be drawn.
text: Text string to be drawn.
org: It is the coordinates of the bottom-left corner of the text string in the image. The coordinates are represented as tuples of two values i.e. (X coordinate value, Y coordinate value).
font: It denotes the font type. Some of font types are FONT_HERSHEY_SIMPLEX, FONT_HERSHEY_PLAIN, , etc.
fontScale: Font scale factor that is multiplied by the font-specific base size.
color: It is the color of text string to be drawn. For BGR, we pass a tuple. eg: (255, 0, 0) for blue color.
thickness: It is the thickness of the line in px.
lineType: This is an optional parameter.It gives the type of the line to be used.
bottomLeftOrigin: This is an optional parameter. When it is true, the image data origin is at the bottom-left corner. Otherwise, it is at the top-left corner.
Return Value: It returns an image.
Image used for all the below examples:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Transition from OpenCV 2 to OpenCV 3.x
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imread() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imshow() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imwrite() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.line() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.rectangle() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.circle() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.ellipse() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.cvtColor() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.copyMakeBorder() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.arrowedLine() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.blur() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.erode() method
- Python OpenCV: Optical Flow with Lucas-Kanade method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.