Python provides various libraries for image and video processing. One of them is OpenCV. OpenCV is a vast library that helps in providing various functions for image and video operations. With OpenCV, we can capture a video from the camera. It lets you create a video capture object which is helpful to capture videos through webcam and then you may perform desired operations on that video.
Steps to capture a video:
cv2.VideoCapture() to get a video capture object for the camera.
- Set up an infinite while loop and use the
read()method to read the frames using the above created object.
cv2.imshow()method to show the frames in the video.
- Breaks the loop when the user clicks a specific key.
Below is the implementation.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Opening multiple color windows to capture using OpenCV in Python
- Set Countdown timer to Capture Image using Python-OpenCV
- Check if the camera is opened or not using OpenCV-Python
- Camera Calibration with Python - OpenCV
- Capture all the options in Selenium with Python
- Computer Vision module application for finding a target in a live camera
- Creating a Camera Application using Pyqt5
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Transition from OpenCV 2 to OpenCV 3.x
- OpenCV Python program for Vehicle detection in a Video frame
- Python | Play a video in reverse mode using OpenCV
- Converting Color video to grayscale using OpenCV in Python
- Python | Play a video using OpenCV
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- Python OpenCv: Write text on video
- Python - Process images of a video using OpenCV
- Python - Displaying real time FPS at which webcam/video file is processed using OpenCV
- OpenCV C++ Program to play a video
- OpenCV C++ Program to blur a Video
- OpenCV | Loading Video
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.