The objective of the program given is to perform edge detection of images in real-time. In this article, the popular canny edge detection algorithm is used to detect a wide range of edges in images. OpenCV has in-built function cv2.Canny() which takes our input image as first argument and its aperture size(min value and max value) as last two arguments. This is a simple example of how to detect edges in Python.
Steps to download the requirements below:
- Download Python 2.7.x version, numpy and OpenCV 2.7.x or 3.1.0 version.Check if your Windows either 32 bit or 64 bit is compatible and install accordingly.
- Make sure that numpy is running in your python then try to install opencv.
This article is contributed by Afzal Ansari. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Implement Canny Edge Detector in Python using OpenCV
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Wand canny() function - Python
- Detection of a specific color(blue here) using OpenCV with Python
- Face Detection using Python and OpenCV with webcam
- Python | Smile detection using OpenCV
- Circle Detection using OpenCV | Python
- White and black dot detection using OpenCV | Python
- Pedestrian Detection using OpenCV-Python
- Multiple Color Detection in Real-Time using Python-OpenCV
- Gun Detection using Python-OpenCV
- Python - Edge Detection using Pillow
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Text Detection and Extraction using OpenCV and OCR
- Matlab | Edge Detection of an image without using in-built function
- MATLAB - Image Edge Detection using Prewitt Operator from Scratch
- MATLAB - Image Edge Detection using Sobel Operator from Scratch