OpenCV-Python is a library of Python bindings designed to solve computer vision problems.
cv2.putText() method is used to draw a text string on any image.
Syntax: cv2.putText(image, text, org, font, fontScale, color[, thickness[, lineType[, bottomLeftOrigin]]])
image: It is the image on which text is to be drawn.
text: Text string to be drawn.
org: It is the coordinates of the bottom-left corner of the text string in the image. The coordinates are represented as tuples of two values i.e. (X coordinate value, Y coordinate value).
font: It denotes the font type. Some of font types are FONT_HERSHEY_SIMPLEX, FONT_HERSHEY_PLAIN, , etc.
fontScale: Font scale factor that is multiplied by the font-specific base size.
color: It is the color of text string to be drawn. For BGR, we pass a tuple. eg: (255, 0, 0) for blue color.
thickness: It is the thickness of the line in px.
lineType: This is an optional parameter.It gives the type of the line to be used.
bottomLeftOrigin: This is an optional parameter. When it is true, the image data origin is at the bottom-left corner. Otherwise, it is at the top-left corner.
Return Value: It returns an image.
Image used for all the below examples:
- Python OpenCV | cv2.blur() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imshow() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.circle() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.ellipse() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imread() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.rectangle() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.cvtColor() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imwrite() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.line() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.erode() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.copyMakeBorder() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.arrowedLine() method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.