Prerequisite : Basics of OpenCV
In this article we’ll try to open an image by using OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision). Some external libraries such as numpy and matplotlib will also be used to get our task done.
Inorder to do this, some external libraries are required to install :
pip install opencv-python pip install numpy pip install matplotlib
Input Image :
Example #1 (Using Numpy) :
Example #2 (Using Matplotlib):
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Transition from OpenCV 2 to OpenCV 3.x
- Image resizing using Seam carving using OpenCV in Python
- OpenCV Python Program to analyze an image using Histogram
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Python | Detect corner of an image using OpenCV
- Image Pyramid using OpenCV | Python
- Negative transformation of an image using Python and OpenCV
- Python | Image blurring using OpenCV
- Image Resizing using OpenCV | Python
- Find Circles and Ellipses in an Image using OpenCV | Python
- Image Translation using OpenCV | Python
- Image Registration using OpenCV | Python
- Python | Detect Polygons in an Image using OpenCV
- Image Steganography using OpenCV in Python
- Create Local Binary Pattern of an image using OpenCV-Python
- Log transformation of an image using Python and OpenCV
- Point Processing in Image Processing using Python-OpenCV
- Set Countdown timer to Capture Image using Python-OpenCV
- Displaying the coordinates of the points clicked on the image using Python-OpenCV
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.