OpenCV-Python is a library of Python bindings designed to solve computer vision problems.
cv2.copyMakeBorder() method is used to create a border around the image like a photo frame.
Syntax: cv2.copyMakeBorder(src, top, bottom, left, right, borderType, value)
src: It is the source image.
top: It is the border width in number of pixels in top direction.
bottom: It is the border width in number of pixels in bottom direction.
left: It is the border width in number of pixels in left direction.
right: It is the border width in number of pixels in right direction.
borderType: It depicts what kind of border to be added. It is defined by flags like cv2.BORDER_CONSTANT, cv2.BORDER_REFLECT, etc
value: It is an optional parameter which depicts color of border if border type is cv2.BORDER_CONSTANT.
Return Value: It returns an image.
The borderType flags are described below:
cv2.BORDER_CONSTANT: It adds a constant colored border. The value should be given as next argument.
cv2.BORDER_REFLECT: The border will be mirror reflection of the border elements. Suppose, if image contains letters “abcdefg” then output will be “gfedcba|abcdefg|gfedcba“.
cv2.BORDER_REFLECT_101 or cv2.BORDER_DEFAULT: It does the same works as cv2.BORDER_REFLECT but with slight change. Suppose, if image contains letters “abcdefgh” then output will be “gfedcb|abcdefgh|gfedcba“.
cv2.BORDER_REPLICATE: It replicates the last element. Suppose, if image contains letters “abcdefgh” then output will be “aaaaa|abcdefgh|hhhhh“.
Image used for all the below examples:
- OpenCV - Facial Landmarks and Face Detection using dlib and OpenCV
- Transition from OpenCV 2 to OpenCV 3.x
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imread() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imshow() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.imwrite() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.line() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.rectangle() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.circle() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.putText() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.ellipse() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.cvtColor() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.arrowedLine() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.blur() method
- Python OpenCV | cv2.erode() method
- Python OpenCV: Optical Flow with Lucas-Kanade method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.