Alpha Testing is a type of software testing performed to identify bugs before releasing the product to real users or to the public. Alpha Testing is one of the user acceptance testing.
Beta Testing is performed by real users of the software application in a real environment. Beta testing is one of the type of User Acceptance Testing.
The difference between Alpha and Beta Testing is as follow:
|Alpha Testing||Beta Testing|
|Alpha testing involves both the white box and black box testing.||Beta testing commonly uses black box testing.|
|Alpha testing is performed by testers who are usually internal employees of the organization.||Beta testing is performed by clients who are not part of the organization.|
|Alpha testing is performed at developer’s site.||Beta testing is performed at end-user of the product.|
|Reliability and security testing are not checked in alpha testing.||Reliability, security and robustness are checked during beta testing.|
|Alpha testing ensures the quality of the product before forwarding to beta testing.||Beta testing also concentrates on the quality of the product but collects users input on the product and ensures that the product is ready for real time users.|
|Alpha testing requires a testing environment or a lab.||Beta testing doesn’t require a testing environment or lab.|
|Alpha testing may require long execution cycle.||Beta testing requires only a few weeks of execution.|
|Developers can immediately address the critical issues or fixes in alpha testing.||Most of the issues or feedback collected from beta testing will be implemented in future versions of the product.|
- Beta Testing | Software Testing
- Alpha Testing | Software Testing
- Difference between Black Box Testing and Gray Box Testing
- Difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Difference between System Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and Sandwich Testing
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between Testing vs Checking
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Testing
- Difference between Performance and Stress Testing
- Software Engineering | Differences between Sanity Testing and Smoke Testing
- Software Engineering | Comparison between Regression Testing and Re-Testing
- Differences between Black Box Testing vs White Box Testing
- Graphical User Interface Testing (GUI) Testing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.