Alpha Testing | Software Testing
Prerequisites – Software Testing Basics, Types of Software Testing
Alpha Testing is a type of software testing performed to identify bugs before releasing the product to real users or to the public. Alpha Testing is one of the user acceptance testing.
This is referred to as an alpha testing only because it is done early on, near the end of the development of the software. Alpha testing is commonly performed by homestead software engineers or quality assurance staffs. It is the last testing stage before the software is released into the real world.
Objective of Alpha Testing:
- The objective of alpha testing is to refine the software product by finding the bugs that were not discovered during the previous tests.
- The objective of alpha testing is to refine the software product by fixing the bugs that were not discovered during the previous tests.
- The objective of alpha testing is to involve customer deep into the process of development.
- The objective of alpha testing is to give better insight into the software’s reliability at the early stages of development.
Alpha Testing Process:
- Review the design specification and functional requirements.
- Develop comprehensive test cases and test plan.
- Execute test plan
- Log defects
- Retest once the issues have been fixed
Phases of Alpha Testing:
There are two phases in alpha testing:
The first phase of testing is done by in-house developers or software engineers. They either use hardware-aided debuggers or debugger software. The aim is to catch bugs quickly. Usually while alpha testing, a tester comes across to lots of bugs, crashes, missing features, and docs.
The second phase of alpha testing is done by software quality assurance staff for additional testing in an environment. It includes a black box as well as white box testing.
Advantages of Alpha Testing:
- Better insight about the software’s reliability at its early stages.
- Free up your team for other projects.
- It reduces delivery time to market.
- Early feedback helps to improve software quality.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.