Detailed Syllabus of IBPS Clerk
The IBPS Clerk syllabus for Prelims and Mains is set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection holds the IBPS Clerk test every year to employ clerks for Public Sector Banks. To know what will be covered in the exam and what to study for, applicants must thoroughly comprehend and assess the IBPS Clerk Clerk Syllabus 2022. To determine the weightage of the sub-topics asked in each part of the Preliminary and Mains examinations, candidates could consult previous years’ papers and online test series. Those who pass the preliminary stage are advised to take the Mains exam. GeeksforGeeks have covered the latest IBPS Clerk Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022 in a thorough manner so that the candidates can plan their exam preparation accordingly.
The IBPS Clerk exam is similar to any other bank exam. While IBPS only publishes broad subjects, they may be further subdivided into particular areas based on the questions that have occurred in previous years’ tests. The IBPS Clerk syllabus consists of two papers. The IBPS Clerk Exam does not include an interview.
- IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam Syllabus – IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam Syllabus comprises 3 sections broadly: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Language.
- IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Syllabus- IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Syllabus comprises 4 sections: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and an additional section on Computer Knowledge and General Awareness.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Prelims Exam Pattern
The IBPS Prelims Exam is worth 100 marks and lasts 1 hour, with 20 minutes allotted for each section.
The IBPS PO Prelims will be divided into three sessions, each lasting one hour. There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions in total (MCQs). Candidates must qualify in all three examinations by achieving the minimum cut-off marks for each section, as determined by IBPS. A suitable number of applicants in each category as selected by IBPS depending upon requirements would be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (in minutes)|
The updated syllabus for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2022 has been detailed below:
Seating Arrangements, Puzzles, Inequalities, Syllogism, Input-Output, Data Sufficiency, Blood Relations, Order and Ranking, Alphanumeric Series, Distance, Direction, and Verbal Reasoning.
Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Sentence Improvement, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Para/Sentence Completion.
Number Series, Data Interpretation, Simplification/ Approximation, Quadratic Equation, Data Sufficiency, Mensuration, Average, Profit and Loss, Ratio and Proportion, Work, Time, and Energy, Time and Distance, Probability, Relations, Simple and Compound Interest, Permutation and Combination.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Mains Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam consists of 190 questions that must be answered in 160 minutes.
- The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam will consist of 190 questions and will last 160 minutes.
- The IBPS Clerk Exam for Mains will include four parts with varying sectional schedules.
- Previously, the Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability Section was held separately. However, according to a recent IBPS update, both of these parts have been combined, a total of 50 marks.
No. of Questions
Duration (in minutes)
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
General/ Financial Awareness
The updated syllabus for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2022 has been detailed below:
Seating Arrangements, Puzzles, Inequalities, Syllogism, Input-Output, Data Sufficiency, Blood Relations, Order and Ranking, Alphanumeric Series, Distance, and Direction, Verbal Reasoning
Reading comprehension, Fillers( Double fillers, Multiple Sentence Fillers, Sentence Fillers), New Pattern Cloze Test, Phrase Replacement, Odd Sentence Out cum Para Jumbles, Inference, Sentence Completion, Connectors, Paragraph Conclusion, Phrasal Verb Related Questions, Error Detection Questions, Word usage/ Vocab Based Questions.
Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart), Inequalities (Quadratic Equations, Quantity 1, Quantity 2), Number Series, Approximation and Simplification, Data Sufficiency, Number system, Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Work and Wages, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problem on Trains, Boat, and streams, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns).
Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, GK Updates, Currencies, Important Places, Books and Authors, Awards, Headquarters, Prime Minister Schemes, Important Days
Basics of Hardware and software, Windows operating system basics, Internet terms and services, Basic Functionalities of MS Office ( MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint), History of Computers, Networking, and communication, Database basics, Basics of Hacking, Security Tools and Viruses.
IBPS Clerk 2022 Prelims & Mains Important Topics
- Word Formation
- Important Tricks For Spotting Errors
- Tricks to Solve Spotting Errors
- Boost Your Preparation With Spotting Error Practice Questions Based On Articles
- Spotting Error Practice Questions Based On English Grammar “Noun”
- Spotting Errors for Bank Exams- Practice Set
- Detailed Concept On Classification Of Noun
- Basic Rules Of Noun In English Grammar
- Rules Of Noun In English Grammar
- Know The Uses Of Articles For The Preparation Of Govt. Exams
Direct and Indirect:
Fill in the Blanks:
Active and Passive Voice:
- Theme Detection
- Passage completion
- Topic rearrangement of passage
- Deriving Conclusion
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
- Verbal Reasoning
- Passage and conclusions
- Figure series
- Number, and time sequence
- Assertion and reasoning
Statement and assumptions:
- Statement and Conclusion- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Statement and Assumption
- Practice Questions on Statement and Conclusion
- Statement and Conclusion
Statement and arguments:
- Statement and Argument-Analytical Reasoning
- Statement and Argument Reasoning Questions With Explanation
- Coding-Decoding Concepts and questions
- Latest Pattern Coding-Decoding For Bank Exams
- Tricks to Solve Coding -Decoding Questions
- Seating Arrangement Concepts and Questions
- Practice Questions of Circular Seating Arrangement
- Seating Arrangement Questions For Bank Exams
- Different Types of Seating Arrangement Questions
Letter Word Arrangement:
Alphanumeric Series and Alphabet test:
Cause and Effect:
Statement and conclusions Syllogism:
- Practice Set For Syllogism
- MCQ of Syllogism
- Statement and Conclusion
- Practice Questions on Statement and Conclusion
Directions and Distances:
- Direction and Distance Basic level
- Direction & Distance Advance Level
- Direction and Distance: Concepts, Questions, Solved Examples
Order and Ranking:
- Concepts, Questions, Solved Examples
- Advanced Level Order and Ranking Questions
- Order and Ranking Questions & Answers
Direction sense Test:
Number and Time Sequence:
- Series test
- Odd figure Out
- Miscellaneous Test
- Stocks and shares
Ratio & Proportion, Percentage:
- Ratios and Percentages
- Ratio and Proportions Formula
- Ratio and Proportion MCQs
- Tricks To Solve Ratio and Proportion
- Tips & Tricks To Solve Ratio & Proportion – Advance Level
- Basic Concept of Percentage
- Percentages MCQs
Work & Time:
Time, Speed, and Distance:
Mixtures & Allegations:
- Mixture and Alligation concept
- Tricks To Solve Mixture and Allegation
- Mixtures and Alligation MCQs
- Mixture and Alligation Questions
- Introduction to Accounting for Partnership
- Partnership Concept
- Partnership: Features, Merits, and Demerits
- Types of Partnership
- Tricks To Solve Partnership Problems
Volume and Surface Area:
Bar Graphs, Linear Graphs and Pie Charts:
Trigonometry, Height and Distances:
- Trigonometry & Height and Distances MCQs
- Practice Set For Height & Distance
- Heights and Distances Concept
- Introduction to Trigonometric Ratios of a Triangle
- Trigonometry Concepts
Permutation and Combination:
- Permutation and Combination MCQs
- Permutations and Combinations Concepts
- Combinations Formula with Examples
Simple Interest & Compound Interest:
- Linear Equations Formula
- Linear Equations in One Variable
- Linear Equation in Two Variables
- Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Algebraic Methods of Solving Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Linear Function Formula
- Solve the Linear Equation using Substitution Method
- Quadratic Equation Concept and Problems
- Solving Quadratic Equations
- Quadratic Function Formula
- Roots of Quadratic Equations
Profit, Loss, and Discount:
- Mensuration 2D MCQs
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
Elements of Algebra:
- Basics of Hardware and software
- Windows operating system basics
- Internet terms and services
- Basic Functionalities of MS Office ( MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- History of computers
- Networking and communication
- Database basics
- Basics of Hacking
- Security Tools
- Current affairs related to national and International issues of the last 6 months
- Overview of Indian Financial System
- History of the Indian banking system
- Recent credit and Monetary Policies
- Introduction to National financial institutions
- RBI And Its Functions
- SEBI – Objectives, Structure and Functions
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
- Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC)
- Bank Board Bureau (BBB) and Financial Services Institutions Bureau (FSIB)
- SIDBI and its Functions
- National Stock Exchange of India (NSEI)
- Introduction to International organizations
- International Bank of Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
- World Bank
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Banking Terms
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market
Economics and Finance:
- Payment And Small Finance Banks With Its Headquarters
- Private Sector Banks and their Headquarters
- Public Sector Banks And Their Headquarters
Simply studying the specified syllabus is insufficient. Candidates must study strategically in order to pass the exam. Some of the tips that will undoubtedly come in handy are:
- Making a timetable to ensure that all subjects and topics are appropriately addressed.
- Regularly reading English newspapers and comparable parts.
- Regularly practising math and related areas.
- Taking practice examinations to ensure that you understand the paper and can manage your time effectively.
IBPS Clerk exam is challenging since lakhs of individuals apply for it in order to gain a post. As a result, applicants must thoroughly comprehend the IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2022, and Previous Year Question Papers to prepare properly.
Please Login to comment...