There are two circle A and B with their centers C1(x1, y1) and C2(x2, y2) and radius R1 and R2. Task is to check both circles A and B touch each other or not.
Input : C1 = (3, 4) C2 = (14, 18) R1 = 5, R2 = 8 Output : Circles do not touch each other. Input : C1 = (2, 3) C2 = (15, 28) R1 = 12, R2 = 10 Output : Circles intersect with each other. Input : C1 = (-10, 8) C2 = (14, -24) R1 = 30, R2 = 10 Input : -10 8 14 -24 30 10 Output : Circle touch each other.
Distance between centers C1 and C2 is calculated as C1C2 = sqrt((x1 - x2)2 + (y1 - y2)2). There are three condition arises. 1. If C1C2 == R1 + R2 Circle A and B are touch to each other. 2. If C1C2 > R1 + R2 Circle A and B are not touch to each other. 3. If C1C2 < R1 + R2 Circle intersects each other.
Circle touch to each other.
This article is contributed by Dharmendra kumar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- How to check if two given line segments intersect?
- Ratio of the distance between the centers of the circles and the point of intersection of two transverse common tangents to the circles
- Ratio of the distance between the centers of the circles and the point of intersection of two direct common tangents to the circles
- Check whether given circle resides in boundary maintained by two other circles
- Check if a given circle lies completely inside the ring formed by two concentric circles
- Number of parallelograms when n horizontal parallel lines intersect m vertical parallellines
- Path in a Rectangle with Circles
- Maximum points of intersection n circles
- Program to calculate the area between two Concentric Circles
- Length of direct common tangent between two intersecting Circles
- Length of direct common tangent between the two non-intersecting Circles
- Length of the transverse common tangent between the two non intersecting circles
- Number of common tangents between two circles if their centers and radius is given
- Length of rope tied around three equal circles touching each other
- Find the radii of the circles which are lined in a row, and distance between the centers of first and last circle is given
Improved By : vt_m