Given outer circle radius R and inner circle radius r, making circles from same center and forming boundary between them. Now, given X,Y co-ordinates which denotes center of new circle to be formed with radius rad, your task is to check whether the circle with co-ordinate X,Y as center can fit in the boundary of circles formed or not.
Input : R = 8, r = 4 x = 5, y = 3, rad = 1 Output : Fits Input : R = 8, r = 4 x = 5, y = 3, rad = 3. Output : Doesn't Fit
1 – Doesn’t fits
2 – Fits
The idea is to calculate the distance between the center (0, 0) and the co-ordinates of the circle to be checked. If distance + radius (of the circle to be checked) is less than or equal to Outer Radius and distance – radius (of the circle to be checked) is greater than or equal to Radius of Outer circle – Radius Inner circle
Here is the implementation :
This article is contributed by Rohit Thapliyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Ratio of the distance between the centers of the circles and the point of intersection of two direct common tangents to the circles
- Ratio of the distance between the centers of the circles and the point of intersection of two transverse common tangents to the circles
- Check if a given circle lies completely inside the ring formed by two concentric circles
- Check if two given circles touch or intersect each other
- Radii of the three tangent circles of equal radius which are inscribed within a circle of given radius
- Find the radii of the circles which are lined in a row, and distance between the centers of first and last circle is given
- Check whether it is possible to join two points given on circle such that distance between them is k
- Length of rope tied around three equal circles touching each other
- Check if two given Circles are Orthogonal or not
- Check if a circle lies inside another circle or not
- Number of common tangents between two circles if their centers and radius is given
- Distance between centers of two intersecting circles if the radii and common chord length is given
- Equation of circle when three points on the circle are given
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Check whether a point exists in circle sector or not.
- Length of the transverse common tangent between the two non intersecting circles
- Program to calculate the area between two Concentric Circles
- Length of the direct common tangent between two externally touching circles
- Length of direct common tangent between the two non-intersecting Circles
Improved By : vt_m