Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, Linux and Windows, etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
In this article, we will learn about how to change the button color in kivy. There is a property named background_color which is used to change the color of the button in kivy python .
background_color – The background-color kivy property sets the background color of an element. It is specified as a single color value.
Syntax: background_color: 1, 0, 0, 1
Note: By default the color of button is black (little grey) if you want to change it then we use this property.and it only takes the value between 0 to 1 any other value given will lead to misbehaving of program.
Basic Approach to follow while changing button color:
1) import kivy
2) import kivyApp
3) import all needed
4) set minimum version(optional)
5) Add widgets
6) Add buttons at set their colors
6) Extend the class
7) Return layout
8) Run an instance of the class
Now below is the code how can you change the color of button:
- Python - Change button color in kivy using .kv file
- Change the size and position of button in Kivy
- Python - Change kivy button size and position using kv file
- PyQt5 – Change color of Push Button
- PyQt5 - Change color of Radio button for unchecked state
- PyQt5 – Change color of Radio button for checked state
- PyQt5 – Change color of Radio button for unchecked state when hover
- PyQt5 – Change color of Radio button for checked state when hover
- PyQt5 – Change color of pressed Radio button for unchecked state
- PyQt5 – Change color of pressed Radio button for checked state
- How to change an element color based on value of the color picker value on click?
- Disable Kivy Button
- Use image as a button in kivy
- Python | Button Action in Kivy
- Add image button using .kv file in kivy
- Disable kivy button using .kv file
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy
- Python - Rounding button corners in kivy
- Python | Toggle button in kivy using .kv file
- Text Input box with a verification button in kivy (using .kv file)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.