Puzzle: A man has a medical condition that requires him to take two kinds of pills, call them A and B. The man must take exactly one A pill and exactly one B pill each day, or he will die. The pills are taken by first dissolving them in water.
The man has a jar of A pills and a jar of B pills. One day, as he is about to take his pills, he takes out one A pill from the A jar and puts it in a glass of water. Then he accidentally takes out two B pills from the B jar and puts them in the water. Now, he is in the situation of having a glass of water with three dissolved pills, one A pill and two B pills. Unfortunately, the pills are very expensive, so the thought of throwing out the water with the 3 pills and starting over is out of the question. How should the man proceed in order to get the right quantity of A and B while not wasting any pills?
Solution: Follow this step-wise approach to help the man take his medicine in a correct way.
- Step 1: Add one more A pill to the glass and let it dissolve.
- Step 2: Take half of the water today and half tomorrow.
It works under the following assumptions.
- The dissolved Pills can be used the next day.
- The man has to take pills at least for one more day.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle | Blind man and Pills
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle | 10 identical bottles of pills
- Puzzle | (Who killed the man?, Bird and the Train, Move the arrows)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
Improved By : Chinmoy Lenka