Below are the steps to make three equal squares from the given sticks:
- Place the first stick of length b horizontally.
- Now place the second stick of length b vertically such that it cuts the previously placed stick into two equal halves.
- Place the third stick of length b horizontally connecting the bottom point of the vertically placed stick in last steps.
- Now, place the forth stick of length b vertically such that it cuts the last placed stick into two halves and a square of size b/2 is formed.
- Now, only 4 sticks of length a are left and 2 more squares are left to be formed. Use the remaining 4 sticks at the corners of the remaining sides of squares of side b/2.
Below is the video of the above illustration:
- Puzzle | Dividing a Square into N smaller squares
- Puzzle | Can a Knight reach bottom from top by visiting all squares
- Puzzle 63 | Paper ball and three friends
- Puzzle | Three Aliens Riddle
- Puzzle | Three Thief crossing river
- Puzzle | The Three Pile Trick
- Puzzle | Form Three Equilateral Triangles
- Puzzle | Three Brothers Travelled by Road
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.