There are 3 ants sitting on three corners of a triangle. All ants randomly pick a direction and start moving along edge of the triangle. What is the probability that any two ants collide?
Hint: Every ant has two choices (pick either of two edges going through the corner on which ant is initially sitting).
Since every ant has two choices (pick either of two edges going through the corner on which ant is initially sitting), there are total 23 possibilities.
Out of 23 possibilities, only 2 don’t cause collision. So, the probability of collision is 6/8 and the probability of non-collision is 2/8.
This article is contributed by Ravi. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 67 | Fit Triangle
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)