A car has 4 tyres and 1 spare tyre. Each tyre can travel a maximum distance of 20000 miles before wearing off. What is the maximum distance the car can travel before you are forced to buy a new tyre? You are allowed to change tyres (using the spare tyre) unlimited number of times.
Divide the lifetime of spare tire into 4 equal part i.e., 5000 and swap it at each completion of 5000 miles distance.
Let four tyres be A, B, C and D and spare tyre be S.
5000 KMs: Replace A with S. Remaining distances (A,B,C,D,S) : 15000,15000,15000,15000,20000
10000 KMs: Put A back to its original position and replace B with S. Remaining distances (A,B,C,D,S) : 15000,10000,10000,10000,15000
15000 KMs: Put B back to its original position and replace C with S. Remaining distances (A,B,C,D,S) : 10000,10000,5000,5000,10000
20000 KMs: Put C back to its original position and replace D with S. Remaining distances (A,B,C,D,S) : 5000,5000,5000,0,5000
25000 KMs : Every tyre is now worn out completely.
All tyres are used upto their full strength.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
Improved By : Gurjeet Singh 2