Three Employees want to know the average of their salaries. They are not allowed to share their individual salaries.
1) X adds a Random Number and his salary and tells the sum to Y.
2) Y also adds a Random Number and his salary to the sum told by X and tells new sum to Z.
3) Z also adds a Random Number and his salary to the sum told by Y and tells new sum to X.
4) X subtracts its random number from the sum told by Z and tells the new number to Y.
5) Y subtracts its random number from the sum told by X and tells the new number to Z.
6) Z subtracts its random number from the sum told by Y and announces the new number.
The new number is now the sum of three salaries and average can be calculated by dividing the sum by 3.
Finally, nobody knows the salary of others, but all know average.
This can be extended to more than 3 employees also.
This article is contributed by Shivam. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle | Disclosing Secret
- Minimum number of cuts required to pay salary from N length Gold Bar
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Average of Cubes of first N natural numbers
- Find temperature of missing days using given sum and average
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
Improved By : RitikGupta6